- In a medium pot, place rice with 600gm water and bring to a boil over high heat. Once boiled, reduce heat to simmer. Place the lid on the pot and simmer for 10 mins, then add in orange sweet potato cubes. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, for another 15 mins, or until the rice porridge has thickened. Set aside.
- Bring 1 litre water with tamarind peel and ginger slices to a boil in a medium pot. Add the fish, lower heat to medium low and simmer for 3 minutes or until the fish is cooked. Remove the fish.
- Once the fish is cool enough to handle, remove the fish flesh from the bones.
- Pound the flesh with mortar and pestle to break the meat into fine tiny pieces.
Bubur Lambuk Pahang:
- Add 500gm water and 160gm coconut milk to the porridge. Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- While simmering, add in blended shallots and fish meat. Let simmer for about 2 minutes.
- Add in the greens. Turn the heat to low and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add in salt and pepper. Adjust the seasonings to taste.
- Turn the heat off and add in budu. Stir well.
- Serve immediately while the porridge is hot.